Concert tour in the United States of America
An almost three-week concert tour on the east coast of the US awaits the Concert Department in the second half of this year!
American tour will begin 35 children from the Concert Department on October 16 in North Carolina, followed by concerts in the states of Florida, Alabama, Gerorgia, New Jersey, Maryland and the whole tour will culminate in a great concert at the Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul in Washington.
The choir will present itself both with the traditional Czech repertoire, as well as with the spiritual compositions or American songs. Above all the choir will perform several times with a wonderful performance of Mácha's "Calling the Sun" with the demanding dance choreography by Živana Vajsarová.
Selection of upcoming concerts and tour performances in the US:
16. 10. Durham (NC) – concert in Duke Chapel
18. 10. Tallahassee (FL) – concert in St Peter's Anglican Cathedral
21. 10. Opelika (AL) – concert in Opelika Center for the Performing Arts
23. 10. Athens (GA) – concertinv Hugh Hodgson Concert Hall
25. 10. Sandy Springs (GA) – concert in Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center’s Byers Theatre
27. 10. Union (NJ) – concert in Kean Stage, Kean University
28. 10. Baltimore (MD) – a performance in the Czech-Slovak festival organized by The Czech and Slovak Heritage Association
30. 10. Washington, D.C. - concert in the National Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul